Jaroslav,

Please would you wait and not release ALSA 1.0
until the OSS-mode MIDI sequencer is either working (I do not mean
the ALSA-mode MIDI sequencer which is working fine) or my
bug report has been invalidated.
I posted a very long and detailed message about this bug 5 months ago
but nobody has replied either to confirm the bug or
to explain how to solve it.

My post confirming the bug exists despite trying various suggestions:
   http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/12349/2002/11/50/10175805/
If anyone looks at this bug, _please_ download my statically linked
OSS sequencer software (Rosegarden) to test ALSA's OSS-mode sequencer
with a MIDI keyboard:
   http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/12349/2002/11/50/10178064/
(it is no good testing ALSA's ALSA-mode sequencer because that
 certainly works; also, if you do not have a MIDI keyboard,
 you will not be able to test the bug properly).

By the way, I need to use ALSA's OSS-mode sequencer so as to use Rosegarden
(still the best Linux software for large-scale score-based composition).

I first reported a possible bug in August 2002:
   http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/12350/2002/8/300/9242078/

and I followed up to confirm the bug and that the suggestions don't work:
   http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/12349/2002/8/0/9412777/
and
   http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/12350/2002/8/100/9396683/

I sincerely hope I am wrong and there is really no bug that
could hold up ALSA 1.0 but in which case I'd appreciate your help
in understanding how I should use ALSA's OSS-mode sequencer with
a MIDI keyboard.

Thanks to anyone who can solve this longstanding problem.

William