Jaroslav Kysela wrote on Tue 11 March 2003:
> I'm working on it. I solved the "timestamp" problem (/dev/sequencer MIDI
> input) and the reset problem for /dev/sequencer. I'm going to test the
> "output silence" problem ASAP.

That's great! I am really pleased to hear you fixed both problems.
I cannot wait to start using the OSS-mode sequencer for record/playback.
Thank you very much, Jaroslav.

To everyone on alsa-devel, but especially to you both, Jaroslav and Iwai,
please accept my very sincere apologies for my messages today
which were unintentionally repeated and very irritating too.
I was trying to change my Mail Transfer Agent (and MUA too)
but I had a hard time with configuring qmail correctly
from the documentation.  Somewhere along that incomplete changeover
after my new MTA started getting hopelessly confused and timing out
with mail.sourceforge.net, I made the mistake of sending
my original message several times to the list.
Please accept my apologies for that and my tone of writing.
I certainly let my frustrations with qmail configuration
get the better of me.

Iwai, I would like to thank you for your historic AWE drivers
and utilities in all of their versions which have worked brilliantly
since I downloaded the first version from your Tokyo University website
in 1996.  I remain a very grateful user.
Thank you for all that fantastic work.

Jaroslav, the Alsa software is *great*.
The 0.9.1 stable release is a major milestone for everyone.
Alsa developers can be proud of a truly excellent project.

Thank you.

William