Hello,

It would seem that apm/acpi access (reading /proc/apm
or /proc/acpi, whichever is compiled into the kernel)
corrupts sound on my computer, a dell i8200 running
linux 2.4.20 and alsa 0.9.1.
This does not happen with the OSS driver.  Moreover,
gnomemeeting seems to work well, but .wav samples
played by esd get corrupted if apm/acpi is accessed
while they are played.

Is this a known phenomenon?
I know nothing about the ALSA project, but I can code:
could you give me a few tips as to where to start
debugging this?

Thanks.