Hello,
I was wondering if any more work has been done on the Unitor8/AMT8 driver? I
found this webpage which had a working version of the alsa driver but for
the USB only:
http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/~sbartels/unitor/
Unfortunately no more work had been done on that since the 28th of May,
2000. I tried emailing the developers of that driver and had no response.

Next I did a search through the alsa-devel archives and came across a
working alsa driver for the serial version of the Unitor8. That driver was
for alsa 0.9.0rc1. That post was almost a year ago by Manush Dodunekov:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=1510131

It appeared that Martijn Sipkema was working on a library:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=1511505

It also appeared that Manush Dodunekov was wondering on a userspace
unitor8-driver:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=1515201

So I was wondering if there was any progress on the Unitor8/AMT8 driver for
the serial port version of the Emagic Unitor8/AMT8 Mk II? If not, has
someone updated Manush Dodunekov original serial port driver for the
Unitor8/AMT8 driver for alsa 0.9.0rc1 up to the latest alsa 0.9.2?

Regards,
Matthew