Ross Miller wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 June 2003 01:03, Clemmens Ladisch wrote:
> > Are you sure that the Optoplay supports _one_-channel output?
> >
> That's a good question - I'll try a stereo WAV later this evening after I get
> off work.

It doesn't, but your aplay command used the "default" device which
automatically converts unsupported sample formats.
Anyway, the problem is with the sample rate.

> lsusb -v:
> [... many lines ...]
> BTW: Is there any documentation available that explains what all these
> fields mean?

The official documentation for this are the USB 2.0 Specification, the USB
Audio Specifications, and the USB Human Interface Device Specification
from www.usb.org, but those are not quite easy to parse.

HTH
Clemens