Hi,

I'm trying to use a modified aplay.c to do non-stop recording on a
fairly large number of channels, periodically 'rolling over' the output
file in capturev_go( ) before the call to pcm_readv( )

So far so good, except I need to get an exact timestamp of the data that
will be returned by pcm_readv( ) .. /test/latency.c seems to do
something do that effect, but I'm not sure if I can just insert

snd_pcm_status(pcm, stat); snd_pcm_status_get_trigger_tstamp(stat,time);

before the pcm_readv( ) (snd_pcm_mmap_readn()) and/or if that returns
the timestamp of the samples that will be returned .. am I close ?

Thanks,
Case