Hi all,

I am using the Terratec EWS88MT (VT1712 / Envy24 based) soundcard and would like to route the digital mixer output to the consumer output (headphone socket) using the "digital mixer to ac97" option in alsamixer. The signal is routed correctly, but it is only a mono version of the stereo mix signal. Did anybody succeed in using this feature for stereo ?

The envy24 datasheet says on page 4-41:
MT3C: Digital Mixer Monitor Routing Control Register
Address Offset: 3Ch
Default Value: 00h

Bits Attribute Description:
7:6 R0 -
0 R/W 1: Route digital mixer output to the Consumer AC'97 path by allocating Channel-A and B.

Does that mean I would have to use the DirectSound Channels A&B sound settings to yield stereo (they are mono by default)?
I tried this and it did not work.

Thanks

Peter