On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 01:47, Nick Arnold wrote:

> Yes I think so, but I think it'd be easier to look at the recordings at a
> sample-by-sample level.  The process described in this follow-up post is
> pretty much what we've been doing:
>
>     > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     > To: Alsa-Devel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>     > Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:01:01 -0700
>     > Subject: Re: [Alsa-devel] HDSP 9652: Input channel corruption
>     >
>     > ...
>     > Then look at it in a waveform editor and zoom way in so you can see the
>     > individual samples.  Check the temporal alignment between track 1 and
>     > track 2 (using 1-based indexing here).  Better yet, subtract the two
>     > tracks.  If all is well the result will be zero; if they are
>     > misaligned, you'll get another 10k sine wave with lower amplitude.
>     > ...
>     >
>     > --Rob
>
> > Or, if you provided me with a wave file I could transmit, then I could
> > provide the output back to you...
>
> A sine-wave is nice and simple -- do you want us to generate one?

Nick,
   I am not seeing a problem. I set up a sine generator at 12807 Hz in
Pro Tools on PC #1. I transmit this on 8 channels of ADAT and receive it
on the HDSP 9652 in PC #2. I the record all 8 ADAT-2 channels using
Audacity. The attached png file shows ADAT2, channels 1-6. As you can
see, there is no offset on any of the channels. They all look identical.
Channels 7 & 8 were identical also, but I cannot get them to scale down
so that I could get all 8 into a single plot.

   I also transmitted them over ADAT back to Pro Tools and recorded all
8 channels there. All 8 channels were again identical.

   At least for my card I cannot see a problem.

   It would be difficult for me to test the other two ADAT inputs, so
I'm depending (for now) on the idea that you see this problem on ADAT-1,
ADAT-2 & ADAT3.

   I asked earlier, but I think you didn't rely, or I missed it. What
firmware revision are you using on your card? I'm on firmware rev 65.
(Or 101 in decimal.)

Wizard root # lspci
<SNIP>
00:0e.0 Multimedia audio controller: Xilinx Corporation RME Hammerfall
DSP (rev 65)

I hope this helps you with your debug.

Good luck!

Cheers,