Hi !

In the logs from my last post, there were messages from the standard sb.o module:

isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
isapnp: No Plug & Play device found
>> Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
>> sb: No ISAPnP cards found, trying standard ones...
>> SB 4.13 detected OK (220)

So I removed standard sound modules, and now when I modprobe snd-sb16 I only get:

isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
isapnp: No Plug & Play device found

So the other problem is that it's impossible to disable isa-pnp support with
alsa 0.9. The configure's option '--without-isapnp' does not work anymore !
(It worked with alsa 0.5).

So, I added an '#undef CONFIG_PNP' in sb16.c and now I get another oops when I
modprobe it.
It seems that SB's non-pnp detection code is completly broken ...

Cheers,

    Ludovic Drolez.