Hi !

I've been a member of htis list some time ago, and now I'm facing a new problem: Playback through my Terratec EWX 24/96 (ice1712) on Mandrake 9.1 is fine and crysrtal clear, but recorded stuff (using arecord -f cd) sounds damped, just like beeing recorded in 22000 kHz. I have created an .asoundrc in my home directory identically to the example on the alsa project page but it didn't help.
I tried to record in WinXP, and as always, recording works fine there no damped sound. It's definitely not a hardware issue.

I would like to be guided by someone with more experience than me, to find the reason for the poor ice1712 sound quality, I consider serious.

Regards,

Lars Heineken.