Apologies for posting twice: I forgot to put a meaningful subject on the first posting.

Hi

As was reported on this list ealier, on a Dell I8200 with inte8x0,
sound dies after
suspend/resume, and this is only repaired by removing and re-installing
the drivers.

This is tue to the patch to intel8x0.c (1.86->1.87, 2003-07-30) which
actually does good things:
i.e., instead of waiting to all possible codecs, it only waits for
those present.  Unfortunately,
this was a bug-covering-a-bug: since it no longer waits for an
inexistent codec, something goes
wrong.  Adding a hard-coded wait of a HZ/4 (as was before) solves the
problem.  So there's
something else there that's not waited for or what?

Now the only patch I have the knowledge to create is just this, i.e., a
hard-coded additional
waiting time (well 1/4 of a sec on resume is not that an awful thing
anyways...).  Please, those
of you who actually understand what is going on, can you make a more
constructive suggestion?

Thanks,
Itay