Hi,

late, but its comes: my answer.

Paul Davis wrote:
you cannot send 100% valid MIDI time code on a Linux system without
the high resolution timers patch or some other interrupt source that provides
a suitable timing resolution.
[..]

Ok. I didn't really think about that. I deferred generating time code, since it is not very important at the moment. Maybe I have to work on that later, but then I'll first have to look for a appropriate timing hardware and something like a realtime/high res timer patch for the linux kernel.

i know that this isn't directly related to your question, but i wanted
to alert you to this issue. although other devices will be able to
chase your MTC data stream, some or even all will not lock to it
because it is jittery/bursty.

Thanks a lot for this suggestion!

Bernhard

--