At Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:35:10 +0800,
Richard Chan wrote:

> Alas, the new VIA82XX.conf doesn't fix the problem.
> (ALC655 does not have the "Slot Modify" feature of ALC650).
> Also I realise I still need a plug with slave.channels 6

oh yeah, you're right, ALC655 is not completely compatible with
ALC655...

ok, the attached patch is a quick hack for better supporting ALC655
and ALC658.  it includes the swap of via82xx 5.1 output (again).

IIRC, the slot assignment was determined by reports of someone else,
and we confirmed that is the correct order.  but, apparently, it's not
true on your board.
possibly this depends on the codec or mobo..?  not sure, why the slots
are swapped on yours.

***

so, now the "CALL FOR TESTS".

does anyone have 5.1 output-capable boards with VIA823x chipset?
the VIA8233A is exception.  it needs a different way to handle.
if it's one of the others, VIA8233,A,C or 8235, please check whether
the jack assignment of 5.1 output is correct.

regardless whether the output is correct or not, please give the
feedback together with the info, which ac97 codec is on it.  see
/proc/asound/card0/ac97#0 for that.

oh, don't forget to update to 1.0.0pre1 version!

thanks,