Hello, I am having three particular issues that I was hopeing someone might have some insight into. I have an ice1712 card and would like to be able to have the digital mixer mix xmms & fluidsynth so I can jam with mp3s. Here is the asoundrc I have created so far:

pcm.44_1 {
    type dshare
    ipc_key 10242
    slave {
        pcm "hw:0,0"
        period_size 64
        periods 16
    }
    bindings {
        0 0
        1 1
    }
}

pcm.44_1p {
    type plug
    slave {
        pcm 44_1
    }
}

pcm.44_2 {
    type dshare
    ipc_key 10245
    slave {
        pcm "hw:0,0"
    }
    bindings {
        0 2
        1 3
    }
}

pcm.44_2p {
    type plug
    slave {
        pcm 44_2
    }
}

The first issue is that fluidsynth will only output S16_LE format. This is why I have 44_1p & 44_2p. Is this the best way to get from hw:0,0 which is S32_LE to S16_LE?

The second issue is that I cannot open more than one of the dshare devices. If 44_1p is opened by fluidsynth and I try and open 44_2 or 44_2p I get an error that the device is already opened. Am I missunderstood that the point of dshare is so you can have different applications open different channels of a digital mixer? Or, am I using it incorrectly in the asoundrc?

The third issue is that even though I specify period_size 64 and periods 16 in 44_1, fluidsynth still complains that it got a period_size of 3009 and a periods of 2. I believe that the period_size of 3009 is causing serious latency.

I would really appreciate any suggestions that anyone might have. If you have any ideas, please take a moment to let me know. If I can get this working I will take some time and post info to the ice1712 wiki. Thanks. -Garett