Hi,

I tried the same setup with a stock 2.4.22 kernel and CVS and the
problem persists but only in below 48k sampling rates.

arecord -f S32_LE -d ICE1724 -D hw:0,0  -c 2
-r 192000 :  works (?? the card has a maximum 96k sampling rate!)
-r 96000 :  works
-r 48000 : works
-r 44100 : reboot after 2 seconds no data recorded
-r 22050 : same
-r 11025 : same

  I have done some more tests and it seems that adding "--bufer-size
8192" make recording fine. So I guess it is a software bug somewhere in
the ICE1724 driver together with arecord setting some weird
buffer/period size or whatever.  In my sense of a kernel driver,
whatever arecord does, the system shouldn't crash. I've attached the log
from the setup of the recording stream that crashes the system.

Apostolis

Takashi Iwai wrote:

At Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:53:17 -0500,