At Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:46:08 +0100 (MET),
Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> - don't clear active_mask bits until it's clear that the URB is _not_
>   resubmitted, to prevent a race with unlinking
> - initialize active_mask and unlink_mask each time before URBs are
>   started

we still need to check here whether the urbs are really free, since
a path like trigger stop -> prepare -> trigger_start is possible.
in this case, the operation can be done quickly enough before urbs are
really unlinked.

the question is then where we can do a long wait.  perpare would be a
better place than trigger, but unfortunately, prepare callback is also
regarded as atomic because of linked streams.

the patch looks nice, btw.  i already have a similar version on my
tree for testing, but wasn't applied because of the reason above.
i'll apply your patch now to cvs, and let's solve the prepare problem
later.