On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 17:06, Michel DÃnzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 16:29, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Michel DÃnzer wrote:
> >
> > Could you try the attached patch? If you add a line 'slowptr yes' to your
> > dmix pcm definition, the snd_pcm_delay() function should be more precise.
>
> It seems to work perfectly, thank you very much!

I have to take that back. :(

I had put the slowptr in the wrong place (in the dmixer slave pcm
block), and xine silently fell back to using /dev/dsp (alsa-oss doesn't
seem to work with it). With the slowptr in the right place, I have now
verified that xine uses ALSA with it enabled, but it doesn't seem to
enhance sound quality much if at all.

Sorry for the false confirmation. Any other ideas?

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer