On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:52:59 +0100 (MET)
Clemens Ladisch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The default instrument is 0 (grand piano).

Ok

> You can send program change messages with the sequencer, too.

This is what i do in the set_chan_instr() function, it works fine.

> This does not work on big-endian machines, use char for ch.

Ok

> If the rawmidi device is already opened, it may not be possible for
> the sequencer to open it, too.  Call snd_rawmidi_close, or leave this
> code out altogether.

Now i don't touch anything about instruments and channels, and i don't use any of the
rawmidi functions, but it still doesn't work.

> Directly after starting the queue, the program exists, and the queue
> gets destroyed.  Try snd_seq_sync_output.

There is no such library function...
I tried calling sleep() for a few tenth of seconds, hoping the sequencer would flush
out anything, but it did not help.

--

        Hardware is never old.
        People just choose the wrong OS.