Hello,

I already postet this on alsa-user-list, but I got no answers, perhaps
you can help me:

I'm having a problem with an app (avview) which tries to access the
soundcard (Terratec DMX 1024 --> cs46xx) via
SND_PCM_ACCESS_RW_INTERLEAVED method. It always aborts with segfault
(after reporting: snd_pcm_readi error: I/O error.)

I want to know if it's an bug of avview or of my ALSA (1.0.2 on
Gentoo with Kernel 2.4.22) config, so I try to reproduce the error with
arecord, but I'm not able to change the access method from
MMAP_INTERLEAVED to RW_INTERLEAVED.

Regards, Martin