Hallo,

I'd like to test my system's 2.6.4 latency using Takashi's
http://www.alsa-project.org/~iwai/latencytest-0.5.2.tar.gz
suite.

Building and installing so far went fine, I can run all the tests but
no output is created. But I get a spurious error message which could be
the reason for this. If I run "measure" by hand as it is called by
"run_tests" like this:
$ measure -p ./out/x11.png -o ./out/x11.out -c 0 -f 1024 -n 2 -t 2
I get this error message: "error setting freq 1024"

This seems to have something to do with the rtc-clock, but I have no
idea, what could be wrong here. Maybe it's something with my kernel
config? It looks like this:

$ grep -i rtc /boot/config-2.6.4
# CONFIG_HPET_EMULATE_RTC is not set
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
CONFIG_RTC=m
CONFIG_GEN_RTC=m
CONFIG_GEN_RTC_X=y
CONFIG_SND_RTCTIMER=m

Modules latency_test and rtc are loaded.

Any ideas?

ciao