open pcm, and get a handle.

snd_pcm_poll_descriptors(handle, &pfd, err);

Get a poll file scriptor in pfd.

select(nfds, rfds, wfds, efds, tvp);

Is it possible to use this call with alsa ?
It seems that the select functions as expected with the descriptor so that we can do a snd_pcm_writei().

It seems that the select does not function so that we can do a snd_pcm_readi().

Are there any documents describing how one can get the read (rfds) working?

Cheers
James