Hi,
I'm using Linux 2.6.5 and the driver snd_trident. When I suspend to
disk (echo -n 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep) and resume again, the sound driver
won't work any more. It will work again after running rmmod
snd_trident;modprobe snd_trident. However, to do so I have to kill all
programs using sound (i.e. artsd, mplayer,...). Is there any way to
make sound work again after suspending without terminating all
this programs?

Regards
  Jakob Lell

PS:
I'm using the onboard sound chip on my K7SEM motherboard.