See subject. Has anyone got this working? I've followed the examples and
got a few different filters working (chorus, delay), but am having trouble
with more complex ones - and suspect a bug in alsa-lib.

Current ALSA CVS version, as of a few hours ago.

The plugin in question is from swh-plugins-0.4.3.tar.gz. Had the same
problem with a plugin from ladspa's cmt_src_1.15.tgz

The .asoundrc below

pcm._novoice {
        type ladspa
        slave.pcm "plughw:0,0";
        path "/usr/local/lib/ladspa";
        playback_plugins [
                {
                        label karaoke
                        policy none
                        input {
                                controls
                                {
                                        "Vocal volume (dB)" -30
                                }
                                bindings
                                {
                                        0 "Left in"
                                        1 "Right in"
                                }
                        }
                        output {
                                bindings
                                {
                                        0 "Left out"
                                        1 "Right out"
                                }
                        }
                }
        ]
}

pcm.novoice {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "_novoice";
}

gives me

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ aplay -Dnovoice PCM1.wav
Playing WAVE 'PCM1.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
ALSA lib pcm_ladspa.c:439:(snd_pcm_ladspa_allocate_instances) Unable to
connect input port of plugin 'Karaoke' channel 1 depth 0
aplay: set_params:880: Unable to install hw params:
ACCESS:  RW_INTERLEAVED
FORMAT:  S16_LE
SUBFORMAT:  STD
SAMPLE_BITS: 16
FRAME_BITS: 32
CHANNELS: 2
RATE: 44100
PERIOD_TIME: (74285 74286)
PERIOD_SIZE: 3276
PERIOD_BYTES: 13104
PERIODS: (2 3)
BUFFER_TIME: (148594 148595)
BUFFER_SIZE: 6553
BUFFER_BYTES: 26212
TICK_TIME: 10000

I've tried tracing it in gdb, but gdb keeps playing tricks on me - so no
luck yet.

At one point, in snd_pcm_ladspa_connect_plugin, I saw
the parameters "plugin" and "io" resolve to the same address, but haven't
been able to reproduce yet. plugin->input looked correct, though.

Any tips gratefully accepted. I'll probably continue digging into it
tomorrow.

--
Erik I. Bolsų | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to