> i noticed that you set the irq mask IPR_CH_0_LOOP|IPR_CH_0_HALF_LOOP.
> does it mean that the chip generates interrupts twice per buffer?
> if yes, what we need is to limit the number of periods to 2.

The hardware can generate an interrupt at the beginning or the period (ptr = 0) and
the middle of the period (halfway through the buffer). I didn't much time trying to
understand all the internals of ALSA, so I submitted what worked. This latest version
has alsaplayer working and the pcm test in alsa-lib.

I've two channels playback but the third one cannot be heard (there seems to be no
mixer control for it), so we probably need the specs to figure that one out.

> the attached patch includes some fixes by me for the latest cvs, and
> changes the periods to 2.  I'll apply it to cvs now.

Thanks,

Francisco