Hi,

I'm working on properifying the ALSA support in GNOME Volume Control.
When opening a sound mixer, I noticed that several elements will be both
a capture and a playback element. Also, there is separate functions for
setting the playback and the capture volume. How are those functions of
the element related? If I set the playback volume, does this affect the
capture volume on a hardware level? And what is the playback or capture
part of this element supposed to visualize/abstractize?

Also, I see several non-volume elements (switches? Things such as
External Amplifier Power Down or 3D - switch). What are those? What do
they do, what's their function, what do they visualize/abstractize on
the hardware level?

I'm asking all this to get an idea of how to picture those in GNOME
Volume Control (for the first question: each function of the element as
a separate track? Or all functions together as one track?; for the
second question: as a checkbox? something else? omit completely?).

Ronald