On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 11:26:21PM +0200, JoDaY wrote:
> Martin Langer wrote:
> >On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 05:45:24PM +0200, JoDaY wrote:
> >
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>I've 2 install of linux, the first one is the oldest where hotplug
> >>is able to load firmware when I plug a Tascam us-122.
> >>But if I use snd-usb-usx2y.o (seen in depmod), hotplug is not able to
> >>load the right firmware... The usb led is not lightened :(
> >

> >Sounds like you are using the old tascam-loader instead of usx2yloader.
> >Have
> >you installed both usx2yloader parts (in alsa-tools and alsa-firmware)?
> >

> You're right, the one which is able to load the firmware and make the
> LED of the card lighting is an old version.
>
> I've tried to change it with alsa-tools and alsa-firmware:
>
> - snd-usb-usx2y module is loading when I plug the us-122 card
> - I can see "Bus 002 Device 008: ID 1604:8007 Tascam US-122 Audio/Midi
> Interface" with lsusb
>
> But the usb LED is always off :(

 It's still the tascam loader! Check your hotplug configuration. The file
"tascam_fpga" you're using isn't the one by usx2yloader. You can remove the
old tascam-loader stuff there. The file "tascam_fpga" from tascam-loader was
different and it's no longer compatible with ALSA from today.

> Is the LED off normal ?

It goes 'ON' after the second firmware upload. tascam_fpga in the hotplug
directory starts usx2yloader for this job.

martin

--
                                     Living on earth may be expensive,
                   but it includes an annual free trip around the sun.