>From: colbyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Alsa-user] turtlebeach santa cruz...

I ran sndconfig and it picked up PCI Cirrus Logic/CS 4614/22/24 CrystalClear
soundfusion audio accelerator. My card is a turtlebeach Santa Cruz.
I was sure this was supported, and it works except the output is weak--just
can't hear it with volumes cranked.

I went to alsa and dled the driver, but because I'm such a neophyte linux
guy,
I don't know how to install it. it says to use 'soundcore'--is that
something I
do 'as root'?

Anyway...hope to get this up and running.

Thanks!

--__--__--

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:43:32 -0400
To: alsa-user <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Alsa-user] turtlebeach santa cruz...

colbyd wrote:

>I ran sndconfig and it picked up PCI Cirrus Logic/CS 4614/22/24 CrystalClear
>soundfusion audio accelerator. My card is a turtlebeach Santa Cruz.
>I was sure this was supported, and it works except the output is weak--just
>can't hear it with volumes cranked.
>
>I went to alsa and dled the driver, but because I'm such a neophyte linux
>guy,
>I don't know how to install it. it says to use 'soundcore'--is that
>something I
>do 'as root'?
>
>Anyway...hope to get this up and running.
>
>Thanks!

I'm trying to get a Santa Cruz working with alsa too.  The alsa drivers
load fine, and detect the card, I just don't get any sound output at all
- even after unmuting and setting the volume to 100% with amixer.  Kinda
weird..  Can't seem to figure it out.

    -- Duke.

I went to www.opensound.com and paid the 35$ for the dr5ivers...sounds good.