Hi Ramkumar,

Try starting the java applet using esddsp.

Failing that, load the oss compatibility modules for alsa
(snd-mixer-oss / snd-pcm-oss) and it should work openning /dev/dsp
anyway.

I've recently put a patch together against esound to support alsa 0.9.x
too, if you want to try that at some point.  Mostly borrowed from
xine's alsa 0.9.x support.

ftp://pc24.sr.bham.ac.uk/pub./packages/SRPMS/esound-0.2.22-1mc2.src.rpm

Mark