Robert Voigt wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a Delta Dio 2496 and alsa 0.9.0beta7. There are gaps in the sound when
> I switch between windows, but also when I watch movies with aviplayer.

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one that has this problem.
I have a Midiman Delta44, and it has always given me the gap proplem.
Under windows, it seems to have been solved through the use of ASIO drivers.
I worked with O$$ support with this for weeks.  They came up with three
new betas in response to my problem, always claiming that they had
found the problem, and fixed it.  I was never able to multitrack with
this card, although I have no problems with SBLive, AudioPCI, etc.
I have tried two computers.  I'm running a 450mHz PIII, with new
IDE disks using DMA and multi sector read and all that hdparm can do.
I've patched my kernel for low latency, and tried running with nice -20.
The video does seem to aggravate it, but I also have the problem with
command line players remotely.  With latest ALSA cvs, it is *almost*
perfect, but I get a dropout about once a minute or so.  They are
very short, but I can't use this card for recording until I can be
certain that I will get a clean file.  So, for now, I have to boot
window$ in order to record.

It is frustrating, because ALSA support for the card is so very exceptional
otherwise.

Thanks.