Hi,

I tried to use the onboard chip of my  via686-based mainboard with alsa
(module snd-card-via686a), but with different success. With alsa 0.5.11
everything works  fine, but with alsa 0.9beta I have a lot of trouble:

0.9.0beta7: Sound works, but in OSS emulation there is a noise in the
             background. So it is unusable for me.

0.9.0beta8(a): Sound doesn't work at all. /proc/asound/cards says that
               I have no soundcard installed.

I compiled the modules with egcs-2.91.66. System is a AMD Duron running
Mandrake-Linux 8.0 (Kernel 2.4.8).

Thanks for any advice,
Peter

--
http://www.p-weissgerber.de/
PGP/GnuPG-Key erhaeltlich auf meiner Homepage oder per eMail