Hi!

Finally, I managed to get the alsa driver working properly. I can use
amixer to alter the volume on the different channels and I can use kscd
to listen to CDs. But there are two problems, I wasnt able to solve yet:

1) Although I compiled alsa-driver-0.5.11 with OSS support, I still cant
use XMMS. It always tells me, that it was unable to open the sound
device.

2) Similar with OMS (a DVD player): Calling oms_shell I just get a
complaint that /dev/dsp wouldnt exist. This is not true. There is a
device /dev/dsp. Why cant it be used by OMS. Probably this is related to
the OSS problem.

I followed the instruction contained in alsa's INSTALL file, at least I
think so. What else is to be taken care of? I would be grateful for any
suggestions.

Boris