Hi,
 Unfortunately I can just confirm the same problem of
many people....
after all the installation steps the alsa module is
correctly loaded the sndstat shows a bad -no
soundcard- banner ... and a trying a modprobe
snd-card-emu10k1 returns:
/lib/modules/2.4.2-2/misc/snd-card-emu10k1.0:
init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module
parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

I have a RH7.1 and a sblive the first model!
hat I did:

download the following packages:
alsa-driver-0.5.11
alsa-lib-0.5.10b
alsa-utils-0.5.10

go to the fist directory (where I have the alsa
driver)
and launch the command
./configure --with-isapnp=yes --with-sequencer=yes
--with-oss=yes --with-cards=emu10k1

make

make install

./snddevices

go to the second directory (where I have the alsa
library)

./configure

make

make install

go to the third directory (where I have the alsa
utils)

./configure

make

make install

update the file modules.conf adding the following
lines
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-slot-0 snd-card-0

alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias-sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

And at least I modified the bios to avoid OS with pnp
support (in fact with or without I haven't seen any
kind of difference).

Well at this point I will thanks anybody who may help
obtaing some sound from my box!

A thanks in advance to anybody who will post a
working configuration and the steps to obtaing it!

Thanks you all
MA