Am Samstag, 24. November 2001 13:27 schrieben Sie:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 03:55:07PM -0600, Steven Feil wrote:
> > I am having problems compiling the the utils and oss sections of
> > alas-0.9.0beta9.  Whenever I try to run ./configure for the utils or
> > oss sections, I always get the following message...
> >
> > checking for libasound headers version >= 0.9.0... not present.
> > configure: error: Sufficiently new version of libasound not found.
>
> You probably installed libasound to /usr/local. I guess the link
> /usr/local/include/alsa/asoundef.h points to ../sound/asoundef.h
> which doesn't exist. Change it to point to the real place.

If I find asoundef.h on my system, I find it at two places:
/usr/include/alsa/asoundef.h
/usr/include/sound/asoundef.h

I do not have the folder /usr/local/include/alsa , so your commands fail to
work... Do you still know the answer to my problem ? Please let me know !

>   rm /usr/local/include/alsa/asoundef.h
>   ln -s /usr/include/sound/asoundef.h /usr/local/include/alsa/asoundef.h
>
> That should fix the problem.
No :(

>       -ra

Thanks in advance
Peter

--
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.
                -- Ben Franklin