I would like to access the front-and rear- speakers of a SBLive! Value card
simulataneously. Is it possible to send independent data to each of them
without using surround40, which requires interleaving of the samples in a
proper way?

How can I do this?

Within the alsa description, the card is indicates as "card 0" and the PCM
device is "device 0". Are the front and rear-cahnnels indicated as
different subdivices? If yes, which ones?

My system is a Pentium III 500MHz, with Mandrake 8.1 and Alsa_0.9.0beta9
installed.

I appreciate your help in this very much.

Gerard Janssen

Dr.ir. Gerard J.M. Janssen
Delft University of Technology
Faculty of Information Technology and Systems (ITS)
Telecommunications and Traffic Control Systems Group
P.O. Box 5031, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
Phone +31-15-2786736, Fax +31-15-2781774
E-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]