Sorry if this is a FAQ - I've spent some time reading through the list
archives, I've found some people asking questions about the SPDIF
inputs on Midiman Audiophile 2496.  I'm using the latest ALSA drivers
and tools from CVS, and while I can do captures from the analog in, I
have not been able to get the digital inputs to work.  I am trying to
capture audio from a Sony minidisc player with optical output.  I am
using a Midiman "CO2" coax/optical converter.  I have not been able to
get this to work - does anybody out there have experience with a setup
like this?  What do I need to do to enable the SPDIF inputs?