Hello all,

Please help -- I need help installing alsa-lib.

"configure" fails with what is by all indications an incorrect error when I attempt to
install alsa-lib-0.5.10b on my RH 7.1 system:

"checking for alsa-driver package... not found or wrong version
configure: error: Install alsa-driver v0.3.0pre5+ package first..."

alsa-driver-0.9.0beta8a is definitely present; I just installed it.  I scanned the
mail-archives and tried two other options that failed the same way:

"./configure --with-alsa-inc-prefix=/lib/modules/2.4.16/misc/" <location of drivers>
"./configure --with-alsa-inc-prefix=/usr/include/sound" <location of asound.h>

So I have a situation where what should be a pretty straightforward install is
failing.  Does anyone have any information that can help me?

Thanks,

John