Hi All !

I have a problem and i would be really happy if someone could help me...

My final goal is to get dolby digital out of my box, and the first step is
to get the digital output working.
I finally made it work, but my problem is that the sound is very very loud
und very strong disturbed.

My Setup :
My system is running suse linux 7.2 (kernel 2.4.4 i think)
The Soundcard is a "zolltrix nightingale" with a cmedia 8738 Chip. I bought
this card because it was said this chip would be well supported... *g*

My first try was with the 0.9.0beta9 driver, but i also tried the beta10 and
beta6.

I have tried nearly all combinations in the mixer.

My Receiver is a denon avr1802. It switches to Digital/Pcm without problems
when activating the  digital output in the mixer, but i have to set it
to -60 db to hear in loud room volume. (Other audio sources are nearly not
hearable at -60 db.)

I have testet the output by playing back a mp3 with mpg123 and watching
video with mplayer.

By the Way, using analogue output the sound is good.

I hope i provided any information usefull. If this problem is already
mention in the docs/faqs, please throw a stone at me and point my nose on it
! ;-)