I recently bought a Hoontech SoundTrack Audio DSP24 Value including
the DSP24 Value Bracket. I had a Audiophile 2496 before, but I wanted
a card with the AK4524 instead of the AK4528, so I could change the
input gain.

But this gain option isn't showing up with the DSP24 Value either.

The other problem I have is that starting envy24control shows this
messages:

Unable to read Delta S/PDIF output state: No such file or directory
Unable to write Delta S/PDIF Output Defaults: No such file or directory

i just ignore them, but it also seems that envy24control works not as
good with this card as with the 2496, I am not able to route the H/W
in into the Digital Mixer for example.

christof

some info from /proc:
/proc/asound/cards
0 [card0          ]: EMU10K1 - Sound Blaster Live!
                     Sound Blaster Live! at 0x9400, irq 7
1 [card1          ]: ICE1712 - Hoontech SoundTrack Audio DSP24
                     Hoontech SoundTrack Audio DSP24 at 0x8800, irq 10

/proc/asound/card1/ice1712
ICE1712

EEPROM:
  Subvendor        : 0x12141217