Well, unfortunately you have jumped into what I consider to be one
of the most complex setup things in all of Linux - alsa sound....

Realize the following things to be sure:

1.  Alsa compilation requires the KERNEL SOURCE that is for
    your currently running kernel ( or the one you intend to be running )

2.  Your error message immediately suggests that you need to
    go run "make xconfig" or "make menuconfig" or "make config"
    for your kernel source and Enable the OSS Sound as a Module.

    cd /usr/src/linux
    make xconfig
    ( go to sound option, enable OSS )
    ( save config )
    make dep; make bzImage; make modules; make modules_install <enter>

    This will make your kernel image and install the modules for your kernel
    but it will not install this kernel.

    I just do all of these steps so that I never miss anything, ever, when
    building kernels.

    If you do not already have a kernel of this version supporting OSS
    running, you will have to install this kernel and eventually boot on it.

    ( More directions later if you need those )

3.  Then, go back and run "make" on your alsa again.

    It should no longer give you THAT SAME error message at least.

-AEF

--
I don't use a keyboard anymore, my cat does all my typing for me...