Hi,

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:47:19 +0100 (MET)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've seen an old posting of you concerning a digi 96 card.
> I think about purchasing a Digi 96/8 pad, mainly for using it's
> analog INPUT with alsa. Can you recommend that, do you have any
> experience with it?

First of all, I don't have the PAD version myself. Hence, I cannot
recommend nor disadvise it on the basis of its analog merits. I do think
RME digi 96 cards are the best you can get for your money. Others might
be Midiman (MAudio) cards like Delta66 / Audiophile 2496.

Concerning ALSA; I have *not* yet managed to get rid off annoying clicks
in ADAT-out mode. Also, reading the alsa-user list is a must, since the
project is currently lacking detailed documentation. Moreover, there is
no dedicated control tool that I'm aware of (contr. to the Midiman
case).

On the other hand, I have done - using both alsa/arecord and ecasound -
full-duplex recordings with the card in stereo mode, with excellent
results. And Alsa's OSS emulation seems to invariably work when
configuration problems disable native Alsa.

Hope this helps,

Janroel