On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 10:50:06AM +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> time alsaplayer starts it screws up this setting, as it sets th volume to
> 100 back again, causing my speakers to explode (not literally ;) ). Is ALSA
> Player trying to unmute the Master and other channels by setting them to
> 100 ? What can I do ?

Nope, alsaplayer doesn't touch the hardware mixer settings at all. It
does all volume/panning in software.

Do you save your mixer settings i.e. alsactl store  ?
If you have set up modules.conf to autoload the mixer settings (alsactl
restore) when the alsa drivers load it might restore old settings.

Andy