Hi
I would like to get a new sound card, but I'm not quite sure what to get, can
anyone recomend one?

I don't want a creative sound card if at all posible, for various reasons I
will not go into.

The sound card will be used to connect my PC to a HiFi, therefore I need some
quality (phono sockets, good DAC, etc).

I need a PCI sound card that will work with linux. It needs 2 phono out's and
one phono SPDIF out. Preferally on the card its self, not in a drive bay (ie
not Live-Drive). (Of corse if the card has more than this it's not a problem)

If anyone else has a better way to connect a PC to a HiFi, I would be very
interesting in hearing it.

Thanks for reading,
and I apologise if this is not quite the right place to ask this
Tom

Could replys be CC'ed to me as I'm not on the list.