Sérgio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> I try to compile kernel 2.5.15 but alsa sound doenst work.
> Since my snd-via686 just works with rc1. I think that kernel
> doenst have yet alsa rc1 on it.
> so when you update alsa-sound in kernels 2.5

Please clarify "doesn't work". Did the kernel/modules compile? Did it
boot? Were you able to insert the modules? Did alsa-lib compile against
it? Were you able to run alsamixer? aplay? other alsa apps? was there
sound output? if so, what was wrong with the sound? were there error
messages, either displayed on console or logged through syslogd
(probably to /var/log/messages)?

--
Scott Lamb