hi,
Tom Whiting hat gesagt: // Tom Whiting wrote:

> <more snippage>
> >
> > Try 'modprobe snd-ens1371' :)
> >
> Actually, for some damned reason, the Ensoniq card requires the Free OSS mixer
> junk **boggle**.
> Oddly enough, before adding all that, I got /dev/dsp no such device errors.
> **shrug**
>
> Now to go through and rebuild everything to use alsa instead of OSS.

First: Unresolved symbols mean, there's something really wrong with
your modules, they seem to not match your kernel.

Second: The file alsa-driver/INSTALL has more detailed installation
instructions. You need to set up your modules config accordingly if
you want to use OSS emulation. Just "modprobe snd-CARD" does not load
OSS emulation.

Third: Really detailled instructions for almost every supported card are
at http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/
for example this module snippet:

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd