Hello. I'm thinking of buing a RME 9636 and am checking out the
options for input and output. I saw a couple of expansion boards,
RME AEB 8/I and RME AEB 8/O that I think, work with the 9636.
My question is, do they work with the alsa driver?

And, this is not strictly an alsa question but, do the AEB's actually
have anything to do with the software inside the box,
maybe they just talk to the card? I don't think I saw the
thing that would slide into a PCI slot, so common sense suggests
the latter.

Any shared knowledge is appreciated.

--
Jaakko Prättälä