Hi!

| Kernel 2.4.19
| Athlon 800 + Abit KT7
| SB Live! 5.1 (rev 08) (SigmaTel STAC9708/11)
|  -> via coaxial digital out to Dolby Digital surround system

I just installed alsa 0.9.0rc3 and got it running quite well. It took me some
time configuring alsamixer for sound coming in through Line In, but now this
works too.

OSS emulation is up and running but now I can't adjust the volume with xmms or
any other OSS application. This is only true for digital out (optical should
be same problem), analog works. Google found no solution...

I found playing with alsamixer and sitting with an analog headset + digital
speakers connected that I can control wave volume for both digital+analog
only with the Wave slider.
But OSS mixers (like kmix) or OSS apps (xmms, mplayer, xine) are only able to
control the PCM / Master slider which is ok for analog output but has no
effect on digital :-(

So how do I get OSS applications using the Wave slider instead PCM/Master? I'm
not sure if this is an alsa thing but apps not supporting it.
Maybe there's a workaround in .asoundrc? I had a look at the docs, but it
appeared quite complex to me.

Thx for help,
Martin

PS: didn't include asound.state, because I don't think it's got something to
do with it.