Hi,

I installed ALSA on computer running RedHat 8.0 with Hercules Game
Theater XP Sound Card.

According to the ALSA website, this card should support hardware mixing,
so I should be able to play more than one file in the same time.

After I start to play the first file, every file I'm trying to play will
simply hang until the first one finishes.

I read somewhere that this is the intended behavior and if a programmer
wants to he can disable it in his program code (using nonblock or
something like that).

However, I would like to enable it globally.

Is there any way to do that?

[P.S. Please CC me - I'm not subscribed to the list]

Sagi