Citando Orestes Mas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

} Some days ago I reported some problems on the ALSA
} system I have. After
} some deeper investigations, I can offer more
} information on them:
}
} 1) Starting multimedia applications: All multimedia
} players, like xmms,
} xine, realplay, etc. hang during a minute or so when
} they start, with
} normal behavior from then. However, I discovered it
} only happens when I
} start them from within KDE2. They start normally when
} I use WindowMaker
}
yes this is more than normal if you don't want to wait, go to
kcontrol and desactive sound server ,
or set the number of seconds for arts sound server be activ,
normally you have to wait exactely this time configured in
kcontrol.
or you may use arts sound for example in xine -A arts.

Sérgio Monteiro Basto