On 2002.10.23 13:15 Phil Dibowitz wrote:
OK... so when I modprobe I still use snd_... but for my modules.conf
file I need to use just via82xx (for example)... and no snd_? Same for
pcm_oss, and the rest  of 'em?

Sorry, let me clarify. The module options are the parameters that
you give to the module when you load them, be it through insmod/modprobe
or in modules.conf. The driver in your case would be snd-via82xx, but
the options would no longer have the "snd_" prefix.
For example, if you used "modprobe snd-via82xx snd_mpu_port=xxx", it
would now be "modprobe snd-via82xx mpu_port=xxx". Or in modules.conf,
it would no longer be "options snd-via82xx snd_mpu_port=xxx", it would
now be "options snd-via82xx mpu_port=xxx".

HTH,
-- Peter Heatwole
"Murphy was just a well known pessimist."