With the kind suggestions of George Socker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> I have
solved most of my questions I posed earlier, but a new one has cropped up.

I have a *large* collection of midi files (my wife is a musician and composer).
However, when I play them (alsa-0.9.0rc3) on my soundblaster using pmidi or
playmid -a, I get monaural playback.

Any tips on getting stereo playback (or suggestions on other players) would be
appreciated.  (Yes, I did RTFM and the docs, but so far I haven't found the
trick).

Thanks,

Bill Austin

--
William W. Austin                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       "Life is just a phase I'm going through... this time, anyway..."